The LSU Law Library provides access to multiple newspapers and news databases free of charge to our students, staff, and faculty. This guide gathers the information about available resources and access instructions in one place.
The Advocate is Louisiana's largest newspaper with coverage from New Orleans, Baton Rouge, and Acadiana. The LSU Law Library provides free digital subscriptions for our students, staff, and faculty.
No login is needed but you must use the above link if you are off-campus.
All users will need to create a Wall Street Journal user account by completing the following steps:
1. Navigate to https://partner.wsj.com/partner/louisianastateuniversity
2. Login to MyLSU
3. Create an account using your LSU email address
4. Select account type
5. Agree to terms and hit create
6. Setup account preferences
After the initial set-up, you will be able to access the Wall Street Journal at https://www.wsj.com/
Funding for LSU's Wall Street Journal access was provided by LSU Student Government and LSU Libraries.
You must activate an LSU New York Times Account by completing the following steps:
1. Navigate to http://www.accessnyt.com/
2. Select from the search Louisiana State University and Agricultural & Mechanical College - Baton Rouge, LA
3. Enter all of the requested information and use your LSU email on the registration form and click Sign Up.
4. Once you create your log-in credentials, you will be able to log in using nytimes.com.
5. Faculty and staff must register annually. Student access reflects the estimated graduation date.
Funding for LSU's New York Times access was provided by LSU Student Government and LSU Libraries.
You must activate an LSU Law Washington Post account by completing the following steps:
1. Navigate to https://www.washingtonpost.com
2. Click on "Sign In" in the upper right-hand corner
3. Click on the "Sign Up" link in the lower right-hand corner to register a new account.
4. Use your LSU email on the registration form, create a password, and click "Create account."
5. After your are redirected to the home page, click on your name in the upper right-hand corner.
6. Click Account Settings and click on the "My Subscriptions" tab and click on "Activate Free Digital Access"
This document has pictorial instructions.