Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
This guide provides law students and practioners with a variety of legal forms in print and online.
Legal forms are designed as a labor-saving device for lawyers. It's important to remember that forms are written in response to the requirements of the law in a specific transactional, jurisdictional, or procedural setting. Be sure to always check to see that the form complies with all of the requirements of the jurisdiction in which you are practicing.
This guide has been prepared for general information purposes only; it is not legal advice. Legal advice depends on the specific facts of each situation. The information in this web site cannot replace the advice of competent legal counsel licensed in your state.
Finding Forms on Westlaw, Lexis, and Bloomberg Law
Access to these resource requires an individual user account and password. LSU Law students requiring assistance with their login information should contact the Law Library Reference Desk.
- Select “Forms” from the browse menu. You will then have the option of finding forms by State, Topic or Publication.
- Louisiana specific forms can be found on the Louisiana Form Finder.
- Practical Law Company
- The Practical Law Company provides practical resources including model documents, guides, and checklists.
- Practice areas include Commercial, Corporate & Securities, Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation, Finance, Intellectual Property & Technology, International Arbitration, Labor & Employment, Federal Litigation, Antitrust, Real Estate, and Tax.
- Practical Law can now be accessed from the Westlaw browse menu.
- Explore Content> Content Type tab > Forms
- Louisiana specific forms can be found on Lexis.
- Lexis Practice Advisor
- Select "Lexis Practice Advisor" from the Lexis Advance Research tab in the top left hand corner.
- Access forms for a variety of practice areas including Real Estate; Securities and Capital Markets; and Business & Commercial law.
Other General Resources
Fastcase with U.S. Legal Forms (fee)
Fastcase allows you to purchase individual forms and forms packages or subscribe for access to the entire collection.
FindLaw Forms (fee)
FindLaw's collection of sample legal forms and business contracts is designed for legal professional. You may browse by type of form, by industry, or by company name. Scroll down the page for Federal Court Forms & State Court Forms.
Justia Forms (free)
US Federal & State Court Forms & Government Forms. Browse by state or category.
101 Law Forms for Personal Use by Reliable legal forms for common personal and family transactions At one time or another, we all need to get an agreement in writing. But where to start? 101 Law Forms for Personal Use makes it easy to create legal agreements and organize essential information. The plain-English instructions will help you: Sell personal property: All the agreements you need to sell a motor vehicle, boat or other valuable property. Delegate authority: Create temporary guardianship of a child, pet care agreements, limited powers of attorney and other essential documents. Plan your estate: Make a simple will and use worksheets to track beneficiaries and assets. Rent out a place to live: Use the rental application, move-in letter, checklist, notice of needed repairs and other forms. Borrow or lend money: Prepare a solid legal contract (promissory note). Included are five forms--one for every common borrowing/lending situation. Buy a house: Run the numbers with a financial statement, and then use the house comparison worksheet, moving checklist and other forms. 101 Law Forms for Personal Use can also help you: settle legal disputes deal with junk mail and telemarketers handle personal finances hire household help and much more This new edition is completely updated for accuracy and ease of use, including reviewed and updated forms, instructions and resources.
Call Number: KF170 .A127 10TH ED. 2016
Publication Date: 2016
Provide Website Feedback / Accessibility Statement