Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Locating Journal Articles
To locate full text articles on the history of Louisiana constitutional law, the following databases are useful:
- Hein Online
The content of the journal collections in Lexis and Westlaw generally goes back to the mid-1990's.
In addition, journal indexes can be used to locate additional citations to articles. The following indexes can be found in the Library's list of databases:
- Legal Trac
- Index to Legal Periodicals and Books Full-Text
- Index to Legal Periodicals Retrospective
The journal indexes generally cover the period 1980 through the present except for Index to Legal Periodicals Retrospective, which covers the period 1908-1981.
Case law discussing Louisiana constitutional law can be found on Westlaw and Lexis using search terms such as "Louisiana constitutional law."
Case law can also be located using the print publication West’s Louisiana Digest.
- This publication indexes all the headnotes found in the Louisiana cases on Westlaw.
- The Digest is published in two series (cases issued prior to 1935 and cases issued from 1935 - present).
- Cases will be found under the topic heading of "Constitutional Law."
- LOCATION: Main Reading Room of the Library
To find more materials on Louisiana constitutional law and history, use the Library's online catalog and search for keywords and phrases such as:
- Louisiana constitutional conventions
- Louisiana constitutional history
- Louisiana constitutional law
- Louisiana constitutions
Or subject headings such as:
- Constitutional law--Louisiana
- Constitutional history--Louisiana
Provide Website Feedback / Accessibility Statement