Step 1: How to Log in to Panopto from Desktop
Step 2: How to Start a Panopto Recording
Step 3: How to Stop a Panopto Recording
Step 1: Open Panopto
1. Double-click Panopto.
Step 2: Log into Panopto Recorder
1. Click Sign in with LSU Panopto.
1. Enter your myLSU User ID
2. Enter your myLSU password
3. Click Login
Step 3: Prepare to Record
1. Double-check video signal.
2. Double-check audio signal.
3. Confirm Legal Writing Professor.
4. Incorrect Legal Writing Professor?
Step 4: Check/Change Video and Audio Signal (if necessary)
1. If you you see either a blank screen or a screen that says "No Signal", NO VIDEO will be recorded. You will need to change the "Video" setting.
1. Click the Video dropdown menu.
2. Select the option labeled Secondary.
1. If you do not see video, contact Instructional Technology Support (pick up the Help Phone and dial #1).
Step 5: Choose New Legal Writing Professor (if necessary)
1. If the Legal Writing professor name is incorrect, look for the correct name in the drop-down menu.
2. Click correct Legal Writing professor name. You will be brought back to the main screen.
Step 6: Standing Location for Recording
1. Correct position - Centered behind microphone and podium. In center of frame.
2. Incorrect position - Off to the side, not directly behind podium. Subject partially cut off.
Step 7: Apply Name and Start Recording
Step 8: Confirm Video Recording
Step 9: Complete Recording
1. Stop the video recording by clicking the stop button.
1. Panopto will display a message confirming that the recording has been completed. Press the Upload button to advance.
Step 10: Monitor Video Upload
1. After clicking the OK button, Panopto Recorder will automatically upload the video. You do not need for this process to complete to start a new recording.
2. Click the Create New Recording tab to prepare to record again.
Step 11: Start New Video Recording