This tutorial will explain how to create and place a general forum for discussion in Moodle.
Step 1: Click Edit
1. Hit "Edit" button in upper right.
Step 2: Add Activity or Resource
1. Click on "Add an activity or resource" link in Topic you want your forum placed in.
Step 3: Add Forum
1. Scroll down the left side of the popup selection menu and select the "Forum" radio button.
2. Hit the "Add" button at the bottom of the selection menu.
Step 4: Label the Forum, then Save
1. On the "Adding a new Forum" screen, fill out the Forum name and Forum description fields.
2. When done, scroll to the bottom of the page and click the "Save and return to course" button.
Step 5: View Created Forum
1. Your forum will be created and ready to use.